Hain Lifescience is a manufacturer and distributor of in-vitro diagnostics. Our customers are medical laboratories worldwide. We are specialists in molecular genetic test systems and technical instruments for the detection of dangerous pathogens or hereditary diseases. Since October 2018, Hain Lifescience has been part of the globally successful technology group Bruker.
As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 60 years now. Today, worldwide more than 7,200 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
The responsibility of the Bruker-Hain Head of Marketing and Product Management is to manage the Product Lifecycle and marketing activities of the Bruker-Hain product portfolio and to head up the local team in Nehren. The role is critical to support the product development to launch activities of new products, as well as support commercial success of the existing portfolio of Molecular Diagnostics products from extraction, PCR, analyzer software through to the assay kits. With the recent acquisition by Bruker Daltonik, it is critical to coordinate integration tasks affecting existing and new product launch, implementing design control process, branding changes as well as to understand the customer journey and implement strategies from a portfolio and marketing perspective expanding from Hain Lifescience to Bruker as agreed by the Bruker leadership team.
• Coordination and consolidation of the overarching portfolio strategy bringing instrumentation, assay kits, extraction kits, sample handling products and software under one clear and consistent strategic approach. Coordinate and provide data driven advice on new product development and product modifications, coordination and planning with research and development, production, sales, quality management and regulatory affairs and senior management
• Manage planning, coordination, and communication (internal & external) of product launches in collaboration with research and development, study department, production, sales, technical writing, support, quality management, regulatory affairs, and purchasing and sales, and senior management
• Support integration projects: branding, marketing & portfolio synergies, introduction of cross-divisional QMS processes
• Continuous maintenance and adaptation of the marketing and product management process to regulatory standards and requirements (eg DIN EN ISO 13485, IVD-R)
• Participation in internal and external audits
• Definition of the marketing objectives, development of the marketing strategy, as well as organization and control of the marketing measures. Coordination with management and sales management
• Strategic planning of the marketing mix (the 5 Ps) around Product, Placement, Pricing, Promotion and People as well as leading the planning and implementation process
• Managing marketing material & documentation approval
• Adaptation and implementation of the corporate design in cooperation with internal stakeholders and external agency
• Project management: project approval, project completion, archiving and data management
• Coordinate with other functional leaders to support company-driven projects and cross-divisional communication as one entity
• Successfully shown to manage a portfolio across the entire Product Lifecycle in a regulated environment
• Good knowledge of microbiology and virology, proven background in molecular diagnostics, (PCR assays is a plus)
• In-depth understanding in strategic business planning driven by commercial goals and monitored by KPIs
• Previous sales experience, especially for products similar to Bruker-Hain MD portfolio would be ideal
• Ability to promote Bruker-Hain product and services to a variety of prospects and customers
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and people in a very dynamic industry, sometimes in high pressure environments
• Understanding of regulatory guidelines for clinical diagnostics including Design and Development Processes
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
• Strong leadership in a cross-divisional influencer role
• Highly organized and able to deliver projects on goals within agreed timeframes
• Strong grasp of Marketing, including creating promotional activities, communicating complex technical information in written and verbal form as well writing marketing materials that resonate with customers, etc.
• German is a plus