As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
This is a senior-level global product line management role responsible for strategically and profitably growing the microCT instrumentation product line for Material Science. The Product Line Manager directs the development of company market requirements, placement and promotion for the Matarial Science microCT products for applications in industry and academia. This includes strategy definition, requirement analysis and pricing. Besides his/her very strong marketing and product management background, he has a solid technical understanding.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing existing product lines, as well as strategically driving the introduction of new products into existing and new market segments based on the principals of the product lifecycle process and marketing best practices. Success will be measured based on market share gain, revenue growth and profitability metrics. More specifically, this position will be responsible for strategically defining and operationally driving a product vision and roadmap, accessing market requirements, monitoring the competitive environment, setting priorities for the development team, executing on product launch plans, defining pricing, product positioning, working with applications to provide market specific application reports, forecasting, promotion, tactical sales initiatives, and overall product life cycle management.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience driving multiple product launches within the high-tech capital equipment or instrumentation industry.
Strong leadership across differing functional groups and effective communication with executive management will be key elements to success in this role.
The candidate will be based in Kontich, located between Brussels and Antwerp (Belgium), and travel up to 30% of time (domestic and international).
• Implementation of product line vision and strategic plans to achieve yearly divisional objectives
• Formulates and drives product direction, crafts and drives product roadmaps
• Identifies customer needs, leads new product definitions and assesses attractiveness of new market opportunities and potential market sizes
• Investigates new markets, customer opportunities and manages multi-year product line strategy
• Develops product line business plans, competitive product benchmarking including pricing guidance and margin analysis including leading competitive analysis, managing lifecycles and product positioning strategy in terms of price-value, as well as identifies product family gaps
• Drives product positioning and product branding, including the creation of product and market segment specific marketing material
• Interacts with Engineering, manufacturing, marcom, sales and service to enhance existing product(s) or product lines
• Development of marcom initiatives to support regional sales needs including product-specific collateral, presentations, website content, technical seminars and tradeshow events
• Works closely with applications to provide meaningful market specific application reports
• Defines pricing
• Establish promotion plans and tactical sales initiatives together with sales
• Establish and drive aftermarket business together with service
• Manages overall product life cycle, prioritization of key engineering programs and
• Cross-functional management of product line issues
• Development and management of key product training programs
• Drives competition analysis and derives marketing and sales tactics
• Communicates to international sales team
• Provides product updates and support to sales team
• Leads customer meetings to promote products, share roadmaps and explore customer’s product needs
• Leading a cross functional team through new product launches
• Review and support of operational initiatives to enhance margin, improve cycle time and improve quality for the product line category
• Master or PhD degree in natural science or engineering or comparable background. Strong marketing and Product Management background and solid technical understanding is mandatory, economical background is beneficial
• Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience
• Exceptional and professional written and verbal English communication skills
• Demonstrated product launch experience; outstanding presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with a global sales force
• Proven experience driving multiple product launches within the high-tech capital equipment or instrumentation industry
• Business-oriented and pragmatic person with a strong marketing and product management background
• Exceptional decision-making ability under a fast paced environment
• Pro-active self-starter, results driven, able to work under tight deadlines
• Effective understanding of financial concepts relating to contractual arrangements
• Strong attention to detail and very good organizational skills
• Ability to work well with limited supervision and in a matrix organization
• Ability to interface with challenging clients, engaging in a constructive manner
• Experience in problem solving, coordinating cross-functional solutions and responding to non-standard customer requests
• Strong leadership skills that can drive the organization from a marketing perspective