SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Europe Customer Support manager is both an Ambassador of the Fluorescence Microscopy Business Unit (FM BU) of Bruker in the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and Africa) as well as the principal manager of customer support engineers in the EMEA region. The FM BU manufactures Multiphoton, Super Resolution, Lightsheet (SPIM) and Multipoint Scanning Confocal Microscopes. This role is responsible for both actively carrying out customer instrumentation and application support as well as managing engineers in the region. Functions of the EMEA support staff include: installation, user and applications training, instrument and applications diagnostics and on-site repairs, in the field scientific applications support, support of sales activities including demonstrations of FM BU equipment. Individual must be customer focused with a strong technical background enabling our customers to maintain their instrument at peak performance and maximize productivity for their intended use case.
Service and Applications Management:
- Provide front line Instrument related system support, including: Customer training on software and hardware; Customer facing communication (including technical and training presentations and potential upgrades that could be purchased to support customer applications); Install and repair of FMBU instruments in the field.
- Lead a staff of one or more teammembers for customer care, applications, and strategic development of service and sales business in EMEA; including: performance management, technical development, coaching, and merit review.
- Product demonstrations – able to set-up and demonstrate FM products at customer sites and in tradeshow environments.
- Provide system-level support by providing instrument diagnostics, troubleshooting, and applications counseling though both phone support and direct customer interaction.
- Maintain technical proficiency and field engagement though effective on-site support for installations, customer training, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting/fix, and upgrades for assigned group of products.
- Maintain a database of EMEA customer issues and work with the FM BU main office in Madison to close costumer issues in a timely manner
- Be in direct contact with sales and customers to either directly support sales cases, or direct staff to best support sales cases.
- Availability to travel to APAC region to aid in customer care and sales cases.
- Have hands-on experience and knowledge on at least multiphoton microscopy and preference for two of the four techniques: multiphoton microscopy, super resolution, fluorescent confocal microscopy, lightsheet
Territorial Sales Responsibilities:
- Develop sales funnel for fluorescent microscopy products; monitor and ensure adequate amount of leads feeding the funnel and ensure selling methods lead to high conversion of opportunities
- Meet or exceed all quarterly sales objectives in assigned geographical area
- Clearly outline customer’s order requirements and accurately reflect in quotation process.
- Understand/discuss customer application needs with prospects and perform system demonstrations
- Ability to set-up/perform demos at customers site, hands-on workshops and conferences to generate leads and opportunities
- Build accurate forecasts and deliver results accurate to forecasts.
- Understand the specifications, performance, unique selling points and pricing guidelines for all products.
- Make compelling presentations to customers.
- Technical ability to perform Applications function including some system service
- Pre-sales support
- Other duties as assigned